Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ramona and Beezus




Ramona and Beezus (2010)
Starring: Joey King, Selena Gomez, and Bridget Moynahan
Directed by: Elizabeth Allen
Based on the books by: Beverly Cleary
SC=1 V=1 C=0
Grade: A+

I loved these books when I was little. Beezus and Ramona was my favorite. (I always had more in common with Beezus than Ramona). This movie is magical. And wonderful. And adorable. And any other adjective like that you can think of. Ramona Quimby (King) is, of course, the mischievous little girl from the books and this movie follows her misadventures more than how they affect Beezus, although Selena is in it quite a bit. Joey King is adorable; a perfect match for Ramona. She perfectly captures Ramona's adventurous spirit. Selena is great as Beezus, the exasperated but loving sister (I still have more in common with Beezus...just sayin...). Other standouts are Ginnifer Goodwin (ahh! favorite actress!) as Ramona's Aunt B, Josh Duhamel as Ramona's neighbor Hobart, Bridgit Moynahan and John Corbett as Ramona's loving parents, and Hutch Dano as the adorable Henry Huggins. Overall, an adorable and heartwarming family comedy about a sweet little girl just trying to "find her way in the world".



1 comment:

  1. Did you know that Joey King is to be in The Dark Knight Rises? I'm so excited about this one! I actually haven't seen Batman Begins yet... but I will, oh, you better believe I will! *wink*
    ~bbj loves Christian Bale!

    ReplyDelete