Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Mechanic



The Mechanic (2011)
Starring: Jason Statham, Ben Foster, and Donald Sutherland
Directed by: Simon West
SC=6 V=8 C=7
Grade: B

I would watch any movie with Jason Statham in it. So I was really excited for this movie. I didn't feel like it was worth the wait. While Statham was good, as usual, the story seemed kind of rushed and not really written well. Overall, a good story but not executed in the best way. Arthur Bishop (Statham) is a "mechanic", with the problems he fixes being people. After his boss, Dean (Tony Goldwyn), tells him that his mentor and best friend, Harry McKenna (Sutherland), is betraying the government and selling secrets. They tell him that he can either kill him or they will hire outside their agency. Using his connection with McKenna, Arthur reluctantly does the job. After the funeral, he is approached by McKenna's estranged son, Steve (Foster). When Arthur finds out that McKenna was framed, Arthur takes it upon himself to find and kill those responsible. After training Steve, Arthur, along with Steve, sets out to hunt down Dean and the rest of the people who ordered the hit on McKenna. Like I said, good story but, after the movie and the ending, it leaves the viewer hanging.



1 comment:

  1. I left you an award on my blog! go claim it!
    Do I spy Handsome Rob from The Italian Job? Oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete