Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Charlie St. Cloud




Charlie St. Cloud (2010)
Starring: Zac Efron, Charlie Tahan, and Amanda Crew
Directed by: Burr Steers
Tagline: Life is for living.
Grade: B

I love Zac Efron. He's one of my favorite actors (and he's very cute) and I can't wait for The Lucky One to come out. I was interested to see this movie, but not so much that I went to the theater. But I did get it when it came on video. It's pretty good, but I didn't really like the supernatural edge to it. Charlie (Efron) has a very good future ahead of him, until the death of his brother, Sam (Tahan), makes him give up on life. He takes a job as caretaker of the cemetary, because he wants to carry on the relationship with his brother, so much so that he even begins to see and talk to him. But then a girl (Crew) comes into his life and messes up his relationship with his brother, because, as his brother points out, "the more you're in her world [meaning, the real world], the less you can be in mine." Overall, pretty good, well acted, especially by Efron and newcomer Amanda Crew, who you can see as the hilariously dumb Kia in She's the Man.



No comments:

Post a Comment