Sunday, April 10, 2011

I Am Number Four




I Am Number Four (2011)
Starring: Alex Pettyfer, Timothy Olyphant, and Dianna Agron
Directed by: D.J. Caruso
Produced by: Michael Bay
Grade: A-

Okay, I read this book. And it's AMAZING. I was pretty excited about Alex playing John (aka Number Four) but when I heard Timothy Olyphant was playing his guardian Henri, I was stoked! But I was disappointed overall in the movie. Timothy Olyphant was great, but his part was limited and they showed him to have a lot of weaknesses that he didn't have in the book. They also changed a lot of the dynamics between John and Henri. In the book, it's very much like a father/son relationship, because Henri is the only father John has ever known. But, in the movie, it seems that John is always annoyed and disrespectful to Henri, something that never happens in the book. Dianna Agron was very good as the cute and sweet Sarah, Callan McAuliffe was adorable as John's geeky friend Sam, and Theresa Palmer was the perfect choice for the tough but loyal Number Six. Overall, an enjoyable movie, especially if you haven't read the book, but it would have been even better had they not made so many changes.



No comments:

Post a Comment