Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dating...and other stuff

So, as I said in the last post, I recently dated I guy that I know now I shouldn't have. Because of that, I have decided not to date guys until college. Hopefully, they will at least be more mature than most my age are. (Although, they still won't be mature...I guess that's too much to ask.) Anyway, nothing happened today except my math tutor, Roy, came over today. Which translates into a pretty boring day, I guess. I listened to Sterling Knight's new song Starstruck, from his movie of the same name. It should be pretty good, Disney Channel movies have been getting better lately, but even if it isn't I'll probably still like it...cause Sterling Knight is pretty cool. Anyways, as I was watching a movie called The Thing Called Love I was reminded of a song that I knew of but didn't like until my personal favorite Idol besides Carrie Underwood, otherwise known as Allison Iraheta, sang it on American Idol. It's called "Blame it on Your Heart", which of course everyone knows of. Anyway, the beginning of the song goes:

"You've got a thing or two to learn about me baby
Cause I ain't taking it no more and I don't mean maybe
You don't know right from wrong and the love we had is gone
So blame it on your lyin cheatin cold dead beatin two timin double dealin mean mistreating loving heart.

Well all I wanted was to be your one and only
And all I ever got from you was bein lonely
That dream has laid to rest
Cause you have failed the test
Hey blame it on your lyin cheatin cold dead beatin two timin double dealin mean mistreating loving heart."

That's what I love about country songs so much: they dig into guys. lol but it's true. And a lot of times that's what guys need, cause they're only going to do it to the next girl they meet. And I'm the kind of girl that wants to help the next girl, because I know how hard it's going to be for her when she realizes he really isn't the boy of her dreams. But it always helps to know which breakup song to listen to. I believe Taylor Swift has all the answers. :) If you're mad, you can go for "Picture to Burn". Or, if you're in a softer mood, "White Horse" or "You're Not Sorry". If there's a boy that's cheated on you, you can listen to "Should've Said No" and if there's a boy that promised to always love you, but changed his mind, "Forever & Always". She even has you covered if you want to listen to a song about loving a great guy ("Hey Stephen"), Romeo and Juliet ("Love Story"), loving the guy that doesn't love you back ("You Belong With Me"...and the video has Lucas Till...you can't lose!), a guy that you adore ("Jump Then Fall"), or a song about being so in love with a guy, that it makes you brave and want to "dance in a storm in my best dress fearless" ("Fearless"), which is a personal favorite of mine. Funny enough, even though I've had all this trouble with this stupid, stupid boy my favorite Taylor Swift song is Love Story...I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic at heart...now I just need to find my Romeo....Romeo Romeo where for art thou Romeo?? Romeo?!?!?!...stupid boys. :)
-MOT

Just finished: The Thing Called Love
Watching now: Save the Last Dance
Excited to see: Knight & Day

No comments:

Post a Comment