Sunday, January 24, 2010

Movie Review: Titanic

Titanic (1997)
Starring: Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet
Characters: Jack Dawson and Rose DeWitt Bukater
Directed by: James Cameron
Tagline: Collide with destiny
Grade: A++

Anyone that knows me knows that I love this movie. I've loved it for a long time and I've probably watched it 30 times. It's one of my very favorite movies and everyone who has seen it knows why. It's an amazing movie (and I'm also obsessed with everything Titanic, so that helps a little). But the story, as well as the beautiful graphics of the ship that look so real, is amazing. The movie is about a rich girl (Rose), who is on the ship with her mother and her evil fiance, and a poor boy (Jack), who is only on the ship because he won two tickets in a lucky hand of poker. They meet on the stern of the ship when she tries to commit suicide and he stops her. Over the next two days, they fall in love, even though she keeps warning him that it probably won't work. But, of course, their love is doomed, as is the ship. When the ship sinks, they try to get to the lifeboats but most of the people in the water can't. As much as I don't like a sad ending, this was probably the only "realistic" ending. Anyway, the movies is great...although it probably isn't for everyone, I love every kind of movie, and I always give movies a chance. So, if people do that for this movie, instead of just ignoring it because it was the biggest grossing movie of all time, I think most of them would actually like it...plus it has Leonardo DiCaprio....I'll take him over some blue guy anyday.
-MOT

No comments:

Post a Comment