Friday, January 29, 2010

Movie Review: Drillbit Taylor

Drillbit Taylor (2008)
Starring: Owen Wilson and Nate Hartley
Characters: Drillbit Taylor and Wade
Directed by: Steven Brill
Tagline: You get what you pay for.
Grade: A-

This movie is actually pretty enjoyable...yeah, not the best plot wise, but there are several parts that make me laugh really hard. Owen Wilson is one of the funniest actors I've ever seen and this is probably one of my favorite of his roles. And Josh Peck is in it, which makes it even better, cause I've loved him since Drake and Josh, which I've seen every (and I mean EVERY) episode of. I thought his role in this movie, the bully that torments the skinny, fat, and nerdy kids, was probably a good acting experience for him...because he's played the person on the other end of the bullying so many times. Anyway, the movie is about a homeless "veteran" who is hired by some kids that are bullied all the time to be their bodyguard. (One of my favorite scenes is when they're talking to all of the possible bodyguards. Not only is a guy from Psych one of the candidates, but Adam Baldwin (who plays John Casey in one of my very favorite shows, Chuck) is one, too.) They decide to hire Drillbit and he "trains" them in how to defend themselves. ("I'm going to teach you Judo...as in Ju-don't-know-who-you're-messing-with.") Then they "take down" the bullies in the most amazing and funny fight scene I think I've seen in a movie. All in all, a pretty good movie...I wouldn't exactly call it "family", but it's pretty close.
-MOT

No comments:

Post a Comment