Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Movie Review: Never Been Kissed

Never Been Kissed (1999)
Starring: Drew Barrymore and Michael Vartan
Characters: Josie Geller and Sam Coulson
Directed by: Raja Gosnell
Tagline: A comedy with class
Grade: A++

As you can probably see, I LOVE this movie. Movies like this make me happy. I think everyone can relate to Josie in some way or another. And Mr. Coulson has to be the hottest teacher, like, ever. Of course, I might be biased because I love Michael Vaughn....I'm obsessed with Alias, but who isn't? Anyway, the basic idea of the story is that a shy copy editor for the Chicago Sun-Times who was very unpopular in high school (Josie) goes back to high school as an undercover reporter. When she gets there, she's still unpopular. So, after a while of being snubbed by the popular kids, her brother, who was popular in school, decides to step in. He tells her that all she needs is for one kid (the right kind of kid) to think she's cool and everyone else will be too scared to disagree. So, he goes back to high school with her and everyone thinks she's cool. While she starts hanging out with the popular kids she starts liking the popular guy in school, Guy Perkins, because he reminds her of the boy she liked in high school, Billy Prince. But the guy she's supposed to be with is the Shakspeare teacher, Sam Coulson. He's not allowed to like her, though, because she's his student. In the end, she writes a fantastic article about having never been kissed in that special way, she's never found that person that, when you kiss them, you realize you never want to be with anyone else. At the end, of course, she finds that guy and the film ends by showing pictures of the cast and crew in high school as the credits roll.
This movie is one of my movies I watch when I'm sad or not feeling good. It makes me laugh, feel good, and extremely happy, which is everything you need when you're feeling down. So, yes, I would recommed this movie to anyone who has a taste for good 90's movies...or movies in general.
-MOT (I've also decided that I'm not going to add my tag about movies onto the posts with reviews unless something has changed since the last post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment